Island Services LESVOS
EXCURSIONS, TRIPS etc.
- A beautiful tour through the volcanic West part of the island.
- Visit of the Monastery “Moni Limonos” , here you’ll find lots of little churches, chaples and a museum with a big collection of icons
- Follow the road up and down the hills to Vatousa, a Traditional Village for a coffee break and to walk around in the streets
- Our next stop is the Petrified Forest. 20 million years ago this land was covered by a dense sub-tropical forest. After intense geological and volcanic activity the trees were covered by volcanic ash due to chemical reactions the wood turned to stone.
- Last stop of the day at Skala Eressos , a little old fisher village with a wonderful sandy-stone beach. Enjoy lunch in one of the restaurants “over the sea” or just walk around the small streets with little shops, restaurants and coffee bars.
- We return via the same road or via Mesotopo ( if we have guests from Kalloni )
- Prices: 37.00 Euro per adult / 7-12 years 19.00 Euro / 0-7 years free
- Lunch / coffee stops / entrance fee Museum Limonos not included
- Familys ( 2 adults + 2 children ) will pay only for 1 child
- Languages : English
- Every Thursday
- Org. by Hellenic Island Services
- Short description:
Evening excursion to Sikaminias and Skala Sikaminias. Enjoy an evening in the picturesque village of Sikaminia and its sister village of Skala Sikaminia. Stoll around narrow winding cobbled streets of the mountain village of Sikaminia, relax and people watch from a ‘Kafenion’
- Long description:
Evening excursion to Sikaminias and Skala Sikaminias.
Enjoy an evening in the picturesque village of Sikaminia and its sister village of Skala Sikaminia. Stoll around narrow winding cobbled streets of the mountain village of Sikaminia, relax and people watch from a ‘Kafenion’ (a typical traditional style cafe’) in the shady village square whilst sipping an iced coffee (frappe) and taste a hand made delicious almond flavoured local ‘wedding sweet’ and then take the opportunity to sample some Greek social history in the interesting local museum.
The evening continues in Skala Sikaminia (one of the most beautiful harbours of the island ) … as the sun sets of the Aegean Sea and the Turkish coast you will be enchanted by the view and be able to walk to the tiny Mermaid Virgin church at the edge of this atmospheric port. A glass of ouzo or wine and ‘meze’ supper is served for you in a charming quayside
Prices: 25.00 Euro per adult, 12.50 Euro per child
Recommendation: Bring comfortable shoes
Included: Transfer Guide
Not Included: Transfer from Skala Kallonis, extra cost 10.00 euro per pax payment to guide Lunch